TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team:
Our Global Legal team provides key support for all TikTok's innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. As a subject matter expert team in the Global Legal department, the Global Litigation team handles matters involving TikTok in all the regions in which TikTok operates, including Americas employment law matters.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, with a collaborative attitude. They must also possess a builder mentality, able to advise proactively in and adjust to a rapidly evolving business landscape.
- Provide advice and counsel on all aspects of employment law to TikTok's operations, with a focus on Latin America (LATAM).
- Advise HR on day-to-day employee lifecycle issues, such as hiring, leaves/accommodations, compensation and benefits, terminations and other organizational matters.
- Draft and update employment-related agreements, templates, and documentation.
- Guide investigative teams in workplace investigations in the LATAM region.
- Effectively support and collaborate with colleagues around the world to provide legal advice on LATAM employment matters in a manner that considers global and regional needs.
- Strategically manage any employment litigation matters and pre-litigation employment disputes.
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) with bar membership in good standing.
- Minimum of 8+ years of employment law experience in private practice or a corporate legal department with a highly-regarded firm or organization.
- Experience working on complex employment law matters in Spanish-speaking LATAM countries, with Mexico, Argentina or Colombia experience preferred.
- Ability to research and advise on complex legal questions.
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, discretion regarding confidential matters, and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.
[For Pay Transparency] Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $145666 - $280250 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.