The Senior Developer programs and configures software to meet TIAA business needs. Under limited supervision, this job identifies and analyzes business software needs, writes complex code to optimize the performance and efficiency of the organization's IT platform/infrastructure and conducts testing to ensure programs are functioning properly. This job is considered a subject matter expert in the Applications Development & Support area.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Interprets written business requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop advanced technical solutions that meet business needs in financial industry.
- Collaborates with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions.
- Performs complex coding to written technical specifications.
- Tests the resulting coding components in accordance with company standards and as defined in approved testing plans.
- Investigates, analyzes and documents reported defects – raising issues as appropriate.
- Analyzes run time profiles to debug errors that may exist.
- Solves complex defects that arise through own work or the work of others
- Performs maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
Additional Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
- 7+ years’ experience with Java, J2EE with Java 8 and higher
- 5+ years’ experience in Web development (HTML or Java Script or HTML5 or JSP or Ajax or CSS3 or Angular 8 and higher)
- 5+ years’ experience of Spring/Spring Integration frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience with service oriented architecture and REST or JSON or XML or SOAP
- 2+ years’ experience working with Agile Methodology
- 2+ years’ experience in using Jira or code quality tools or defect tracking tools or code monitoring
- Good knowledge of Application and System integration
- Solid knowledge of OO design and programming
- Spring Boot experience
- Build Tool Experience (Maven/Gradle)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- AWS cloud experience is a plus
- Experience with code reviews
- Excellent team player with good organizational, communication, analytical and logical skills
- Good understanding of the web browsers and web applications
Potential Salary: $116,400.00 USD
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.