TIAA GBS India was established in 2016 with a mission to tap into a vast pool of talent, reduce risk by insourcing key platforms and processes, as well as contribute to innovation with a focus on enhancing our technology stack.TIAA GBS India is focused on building a scalable and sustainable organization , with a focus on technology , operations and expanding into the shared services business space.
Working closely with our U.S. colleagues and other partners, our goal is to reduce risk, improve the efficiency of our technology and processes and develop innovative ideas to increase throughput and productivity.
Develops, implements and assesses specific new and emerging technologies, platforms, and services.
- Assessing the technical viability of emerging products and technologies.
- Working with developers and infrastructure specialists to test and evaluate new technologies.
- Participating in the development of business cases and obtaining approvals for capital expenditures.
- Monitoring and analyzing new technology product performance and resolving issues regarding potential improvements or modifications to complex situations, as needed.
- 3+ years
- No Securities Registration Required
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Information Technology Trends: Highlights organizational implications associated with major IT trends. Cites examples of successful organization initiatives and underlying technologies. Compares organization's technology practices to other organizations. Advises key lines of business on major advances in technology and implications. Discusses organizational position in relation to technology-related trends. Presents alternative views of key technologies and their implications.
- Technology/IT Consulting: Describes tools and techniques for identifying opportunities for more work. Describes issues and considerations for partnering with other vendors or service providers. Describes consulting and client role and responsibilities (general and contract specific). Cites examples of common problems and issues on consulting engagements. Has participated in providing fee-based services on technology-related projects.
- Problem Solving: Ensures capture of lessons to be learned from a problem-solving effort. Organizes potential problem solvers and leads problem resolution efforts. Uses varying problem-solving approaches and techniques as appropriate. Contributes to standard practices for problem-solving approaches, tools, and processes. Develops successful resolutions to critical or wide-impact problems. Analyzes and synthesizes information and devises alternative resolution strategies.
- Teamwork: Learns and utilizes special talents and work styles of team members. Shows and promotes respect for differences and diversity. Works with large or multiple teams that span functions, issues, locations, and time zones. Identifies and addresses potential problems or issues within the team. Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with each team member. Coordinates roles, responsibilities and interdependencies of all team members.
- Project Management: Under guidance, plans and estimates simple projects. Produces standard project status reports. Obtains information from stakeholders during the planning stage of a project. Assists in detailed project plans including cost, schedule, and resource requirements. Provides input for Gantt or PERT charts or their equivalent to track project progress and status.
- IT Industry: Trends & Directions: Leads in the implementation of industry benchmarks in the IT field. Oversees multiple selection, evaluation and certification initiatives for the IT industry. Outlines organizational implications associated with major IT trends. Consults on the utilization and optimization of specific and multiple industry information sources. Compares the organization's technology practices with those of other organizations. Anticipates the organization's future position on technology-related trends.
- Emerging Technologies: Resolves all technical and administrative problems that occur in the design, application and evaluation of information technology. Evaluates business accuracy and productivity levels derived from information technology influences. Guides junior-level staff on the effective implementation of new information technologies within the organization. Monitors information technology users to ensure compliance with organizational policies. Determines long-term, strategic requirements for the design of information technologies. Evaluates best practices of emerging information technologies to learn and understand principles and applications.
- System and Technology Integration: Discusses with line areas on data, technology and application integration issues. Identifies and quantifies risks of proposed alternatives to a system or technology integration initiative. Designs and develops applications or technology interfaces and bridges. Delivers training on major issues, interfaces, considerations and potential pitfalls and risks. Advises others in how to integrate projects across multiple technologies. Documents existing best practices for system or technology integration processes.
- Application Development Tools: Provides implementation support on toolkit enhancements or changes. Interprets benefits and drawbacks of procedural and event-driven toolkits. Evaluates toolkits used to support major production systems. Oversees the evaluation and recommendation of delivery tools and platforms. Coaches others on appropriate uses of all major tools in a toolkit for a specific platform. Resolves issues regarding functions, features and components of multiple toolkits.
- Mainframe Development Tools: Evaluates current standards, policies and guidelines in the development of mainframe processes. Trains others on a specific set of batch and development tools for the mainframe environment. Supervises the evaluation of mainframe development tools for diverse environments. Consults on key issues and challenges of development tools associated with the mainframe environment. Leads in the implementation of multiple development toolkits for mainframe-based batch applications. Directs the adoption of new toolkits for the monitoring and development of mainframe processes.
- Client/Server Tools: Trains others on messaging, remote procedure calls and networked SQL's. Implements multi-tier environments, cooperative processing and peer-to-peer processing. Evaluates business benefits and risks for implementing distributed applications. Consults on identifying applications suitable for migration to the Client/Server environment. Compares and contrasts features and benefits of mainframe-centric and network-centric models. Performs application partitioning for multiple Client/Server environments.
- Web Development Tools: Evaluates relevant pricing schemas; describes cost and capacity issues and considerations. Advises on development considerations for static versus dynamic content. Manages risk, exposure and security issues, and the use of filtering software. Designs procedures for implementing and supporting Internet access and use. Chooses specialized software for filtering or website personalization. Trains others on the implementation, development and operation of Internet-based applications.
- Middleware: Coaches others on implementing and integrating middleware products and platforms. Consults experts on key issues and challenges of software and utilities associated with middleware environment. Directs the adoption of system parameters for the monitoring of effective resource utilization on middleware products and applications. Monitors the performance of individual components and the overall middleware products and platforms. Evaluates the effectiveness of organizational middleware product procedures; make corrections where necessary. Evaluates current standards, policies and guidelines in the development of installed middleware infrastructure.
- Web Services: Creates and oversees working orders for web services implementation and integration. Develops procedures for implementing and integrating web service products and platforms. Monitors an organization's web service securities and provides solutions to complex security issues. Designs, develops and maintains a private UDDI Web Service registry for internal applications. Coaches developers on transforming legacy applications into web services. Evaluates the efficiency of the organization's current propriety web services applications.
- Information Security Technologies: Evaluates multiple hardware and software technologies designed to protect information. Consults on encryption technologies and security certificates. Compares and contrasts security considerations for all major mobile/BYOD device types. Resolves issues and considerations for integrating different technologies. Resolves issues and considerations in implementing cross-platform and heterogeneous packages. Performs cost/benefit analyses of alternative security systems, processes and technologies.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.