The Lead Developer is responsible for overseeing the analysis, programming, and configuration of IT Systems Software. This job develops complex software components and advises developers on best methods of software development and code creation. While working with the leadership team, this job provides project leadership for software development activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors development work to ensure resulting software meets established goals.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level professionals.
- Identifies and analyzes business needs, conducting requirements gathering, and defining scope and objectives for the IT System.
- Oversees the configuration, customization, diagnoses, and enhancements for operating systems software.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
Nuveen is growing the application development team that supports the Global Equities business. The Lead CRD Application Developer is a critical role in the Global Investments technology organization supporting the Nuveen Front Office. This highly visible role will have responsibility for building and maintaining target-state solutions for the Nuveen Equity business, while working directly with the portfolio management and trading teams. The individual needs to be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong sense of individual accountability.
- 5+ years of asset management development experience, with at least 2 years of specific experience in Charles River Development IMS
- Experience developing high-quality fault tolerant software components in a high-volume trading environment
- BS or BA Degree in Computer Science or engineering required
- Experience developing software using the following:
- DevOps Pipeline Automation (Electric Flow, Terraform)
- Batch and Scripting Languages and Tools (Autosys / PowerShell / python / Unix shell)
- SQL Server / Oracle / Amazon Aurora / RDS
- ETL knowledge
- API Development
- Knowledge of equity/equity derivative products and business workflows (trading, portfolio management, and compliance)
- Experience and knowledge of CRD IMS with the ability to develop Charles River IMS interfaces and be able to troubleshoot and maintain complex SQL
- Experience with Agile and SDLC development methodologies using Jira
- Utilize a software engineering approach that helps identify and mitigate risks
- Desire to be a member of a high-performing team, surrounded by other high-performing individuals
- Ability to communicate development status in a timely manner, including metric reporting
- Effectively write technical documentation of developed solutions for operational support
- Collaborate with IT and business partners to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions
- Perform tasks of high complexity to modify processes, plans, and designs as needed
- Complete testing in accordance with company standards and as defined in approved testing plans - this includes quality assurance and performance testing.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively at all organizational levels with written and verbal communication skills.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.