Lead Business Systems Analyst
The Lead Business System Analyst oversees the analysis of business and information needs in order to design optimal systems solutions. Working with limited oversight, this job reviews that designed system solutions are appropriate for business needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization's information systems architecture. This job is responsible for managing large projects and processes, while also coordinating efforts among the Business Systems team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides solutions for IT and business management concerning the application of technology to business opportunities, planning and implementation of cross-functional applications.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
AVP, Lead Business Analyst
Nuveen is growing the application development team that supports the Global Equities business. The Lead Business Analyst is a critical role in the Global Investments technology organization, supporting the Nuveen Front Office. This highly visible role will play a key position in the team that builds and maintains the technology that makes Nuveen’s Global Equity business excel. The successful candidate will work closely with business stakeholders, users, and IT to perform technical analysis and implement business workflows. The individual needs to be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong sense of professional pride and individual accountability.
- 5+ years of IT financial services experience
- 5+ years of Business Analysis experience
- Experience in asset management technology with Charles River Development IMS and equity trading.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Experience with Compliance, CTM modules, as well as Workbench, Blotter, RTAPI and Real Time Services and especially Data Loads.
- Strong hands on experience with SQL and ETL
- Strong technical skills including a solid understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Proven analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make independent decisions
- An in-depth understanding of systems development lifecycle. Ability to perform detailed analysis on these systems at all phases of the project lifecycle
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application technology to the current and future state business environment
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs
- Desire to be a member of a high-performing team, surrounded by other high-performing individuals
- Experience with Jira and Agile methodologies
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.