TIAA GBS India was established in 2016 with a mission to tap into a vast pool of talent, reduce risk by insourcing key platforms and processes, as well as contribute to innovation with a focus on enhancing our technology stack.TIAA GBS India is focused on building a scalable and sustainable organization , with a focus on technology , operations and expanding into the shared services business space.
Working closely with our U.S. colleagues and other partners, our goal is to reduce risk, improve the efficiency of our technology and processes and develop innovative ideas to increase throughput and productivity.
Participates in the development, implementation and integration of new and emerging technologies.
- Collecting and analyzing information on new technology products and development tools for systems and applications, network and data, software and hardware.
- Assisting in testing and evaluating new technologies during the selection process.
- Participating in the implementation, development and integration of new technologies within the organizational structure.
- Tracking and recording technology development needs; providing input or recommendations for enhancements or modifications to the organization's new technology products.
- 0 year
- No Securities Registration Required
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- Information Technology Trends: Participates in at least one major IT initiative within own function. Reviews organization's recent experience in introducing new technologies. Seeks the appropriate experts to obtain information or ask questions. Discusses existing and planned IT technologies relevant to own function. Discusses several pertinent technology trends.
- Project Administration: Monitors progress and generates project variance analysis reports. Helps others to develop in-depth knowledge of project administration software. Implements planned and ad-hoc communications to and from affected parties. Makes sure project problems are surfaced and reported to appropriate project personnel. Reports dependencies, conflicts, and completion date status to project management team. Develops cost-benefit analysis; tracks and reviews actual costs vs. planned.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Evaluates the causes behind deviations from and modifications to existing SOPs. Optimizes complex SOPs according to changes in organizational procedures. Integrates best practices into the design, implementation and evaluation of organizational SOPs. Monitors the relationship between SOPs and performance improvement (e.g. quality improvement). Designs a standard operating procedure, detailing steps and activities, within a department. Evaluates the benefits and drawbacks of industry-specific SOPs.
- Technology/IT Consulting: Describes tools and techniques for identifying opportunities for more work. Describes issues and considerations for partnering with other vendors or service providers. Describes consulting and client role and responsibilities (general and contract specific). Cites examples of common problems and issues on consulting engagements. Has participated in providing fee-based services on technology-related projects.
- Problem Solving: Develops alternative techniques for assessing accuracy and relevance of information. Helps to analyze risks and benefits of alternative approaches and obtain decision on resolution. Identifies and documents specific problems and resolution alternatives. Examines a specific problem and understands the perspective of each involved stakeholder. Uses fact-finding techniques and diagnostic tools to identify problems.
- Teamwork: Learns and utilizes special talents and work styles of team members. Shows and promotes respect for differences and diversity. Works with large or multiple teams that span functions, issues, locations, and time zones. Identifies and addresses potential problems or issues within the team. Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with each team member. Coordinates roles, responsibilities and interdependencies of all team members.
- IT Environment: Follows an organization's information management policies. Implements existing technology infrastructure and systems management practices of one's own IT unit. Analyzes the purposes and responsibilities of one's own IT department. Researches planned platforms, strategies, initiatives, and key issues related to the IT environment. Recognizes basic IT needs from the business users perspective.
- Emerging Technologies: Adheres to organizational policies related to information technology usage. Participates in the integration of new information technologies with an organization's existing system. Assists in comparing business performance before and after the implementation of new information technologies. Coordinates the design, application and evaluation process for new information technologies. Decides on short-term, daily business needs for the design of information technologies.
- System and Technology Integration: Assists with current and planned integration initiatives. Works with applications, data, technology bridges and a variety of platforms. Plays an active role in local integration efforts. Explores major issues and considerations for successful system integration. Works with existing interfaces as well as integration and migration plans within own area.
- Systems Software Infrastructure: Administers software migration and contingency plans related to own function. Demonstrates planned software changes on the local environment. Analyzes the local software architecture components and products. Tests key features for the entire software infrastructure environment. Reports software connectivity and integration issues.
- Hardware Infrastructure: Assists in designing the main features of IT hardware according to business needs. Participates in the implementation of IT hardware within the organization. Tracks operational problems related to IT hardware and reports them directly to the supervisor. Compares IT hardware across one's own organization and its competitors. Assists in integrating IT hardware with the organization's existing systems.
- Information Security Technologies: Installs, upgrades or maintains firewall technology or anti-virus software. Explains computer forensics, authentication mechanisms and digital certificates. Participates in evaluating information security features against business requirements. Utilizes a specific hardware or software security technology to control risks. Collects and documents information about new information security tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.