The Info Security job supports the development, communication, implementation, enforcement and monitoring of security controls to protect the organization's technology assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. Under close supervision, this job is responsible for monitoring computer security procedures and documents and maintaining IT security policies, procedures and testing results.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the design, testing and implementation processes of secure operating systems, networks and databases for the organization.
- Performs basic risk assessments and executes tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Documents plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Documents computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Monitors use of data files and regulates access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Monitors current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Reviews violations of computer security procedures and alerts managers of issues that arise.
- No Experience Required
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
This person will support the establishment and execution of the Data Protection program by analyzing, monitoring and appropriately responding to security events from email, web or end-users’ workstations. The Data Loss Prevention Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the monitoring of all Data Loss Prevention Incidents, completing initial investigations, and escalating all necessary events to appropriate incident teams. The Analyst must be able to identify potential data leaks and determine if information constitutes a violation of company policies related to Personal Identifiable Information (PII) or Intellectual Property (IP), and effectively communicate findings in written and oral format when required to a non-technical audience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Conduct and triage anomalous incidents of concern using industry data loss prevention tools to include Symantec DLP, Splunk, Bluecoat, and CASB products.
- Evaluate DLP incidents, eliminate false positives, and determine if a violation of corporate data policies has occurred.
- Escalate incidents according to the Data Loss Prevention triage workflow process.
- Identification of root cause in partnership with peer groups on remediation of control gaps/failure.
- Provision of reports and statements in clear unambiguous language.
Desired Skills (Preferred, not required):
- 2-5+ years of triage analyst experience
- Experience and hands on knowledge with Data Loss Prevention security controls and tools (e.g. Symantec DLP, Splunk, Bluecoat, and CASB products)
- Hands on experience with an Incident Management Tool (RSA Archer, ServiceNow)
- Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex organization.
Top Three Critical skillset:
Skill #1: Triage analyst experience
Skill #2: Knowledge of endpoint protection technology and loss protection strategies
Skill #3: Identify potential data leaks and determine if information constitutes a violation of company policies related to Personal Identifiable Information (PII) or Intellectual Property (IP)
TIAA GBS India was established in 2016 with a mission to tap into a vast pool of talent, reduce risk by insourcing key platforms and processes, as well as contribute to innovation with a focus on enhancing our technology stack. TIAA GBS India is focused on building a scalable and sustainable organization , with a focus on technology , operations and expanding into the shared services business space.
Working closely with our U.S. colleagues and other partners, our goal is to reduce risk, improve the efficiency of our technology and processes and develop innovative ideas to increase throughput and productivity.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.