Tier II Technical Support Engineer (Evergreen Requisition)
- Washington, DC
Thycotic is a global leader in Privileged Access Management, a critical layer of IT security that protects an organization’s data, devices and code across cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. Recognized as a leader by every major industry analyst group, our modern cloud-ready PAM solutions dramatically reduce the complexity and cost of securing privileged access, providing more value and higher adoption than any alternative. Thycotic is trusted by over 12,500 leading organizations around the globe including 25% of the Fortune 100.
The Tier II Technical Support Engineer has a strong technical background in cybersecurity or comparable field and a minimum of two years’ experience. The job requires the ability to troubleshoot escalated customer issues, perform log and configure features in the software. We are looking for a candidate with strong English (verbal and written) skills.
This position is based in the Washington, DC headquarters and will report to a Technical Support Manager/Team Lead.
- Resolving technical problems of assigned cases
- Creation of and ability to troubleshoot PowerShell scripts
- Participate in group problem solving meetings to overcome challenging issues
- Researching and solving complex issues
- Working closely with Team Lead to meet SLA and customer requirements
- Test and verify product functionality to reproduce customer issues
- Document detailed failure and solution information within cases
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years in a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk or similar role
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SQL 2008 R2 or higher
- Ability to write and demonstrate SQL queries/scripts and perform SQL table review
- Experience with PowerShell scripting preferred
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining webservers (IIS and Apache)
- Prior working experience with .NET applications is highly desired
- Any certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, SSCP are a benefit
- Ability to troubleshoot applications deployed in a Mac OS environment is a plus
- Strong written and verbal English skills required
- Ability to work with diverse worldwide team members and management
- Ability to work one weekend rotation per quarter
- Proficiency in Spanish or French language is a PLUS
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top