Tier II Technical Support Engineer
- Pasay, Philippines
Thycotic and Centrify, both leaders in privileged access management, are now merging to create the most extensive platform in the identity security market, bringing together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable, and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise. ThycoticCentrify will benefit from a shared commitment to innovation, strengthening of clients’ cyber defense, and to assemble leading cybersecurity talent.
Privileged access management, one of the fastest-growing areas in cybersecurity today, is expected to double from $2.2B to $5.4B by 2025 according to KuppingerCole. Organizations struggle to keep up with the complexity of protecting the ever-growing number of privileged accounts created by the business requirements to move more infrastructure and services into the cloud. This cloud-centric business transformation has created more opportunities for cyber-attackers and driven a greater need for better control and compliance around these types of accounts. Backed by the financial strength of TPG Capital, the combined company brings together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise in an environment defined by ever-increasing, identity-based cyber-attacks.
The Tier II Technical Support Engineer has a strong technical background in cybersecurity or comparable field and a minimum of two years’ experience. The job requires the ability to troubleshoot escalated customer issues, perform log and configure features in the software. We are looking for a candidate with strong English (verbal and written) skills.
This position is based in the Philippines and will report to a Technical Support Manager/Team Lead.
- Resolving technical problems of assigned cases
- Creation of and ability to troubleshoot PowerShell scripts
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand database structure
- Participate in group problem solving meetings to overcome challenging issues
- Researching and solving complex issues
- Working closely with Team Lead to meet SLA and customer requirements
- Test and verify product functionality to reproduce customer issues
- Document detailed failure and solution information within cases
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years in a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk or similar role
- 2-year degree required; 4-year degree preferred
- Experience with SQL 2008 R2 or higher
- Ability to write and demonstrate SQL queries SQL scripts and perform SQL table review
- Experience with PowerShell scripting preferred
- Knowledge of installing and maintaining webservers (IIS and Apache)
- Prior working experience with .NET applications is highly desired
- Any certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, SSCP are a benefit
- Strong written and verbal English skills required
- Ability to work with diverse worldwide team members and management
- One weekend rotation per quarter
Why Work at ThycoticCentrify?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
We take care of our employees. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) and Centrify are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top