Tier I Technical Support Engineer
- Manila, Philippines
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
At Thycotic, we’re innovating IT security by creating awesome software and our Technical Support Engineers are an integral part of the team!
This is so much more than your typical support desk job! Our support engineers are taking customer service to the next level with their expertise and customer service skills. If you love finding solutions to elaborate technical problems, then we want to talk to you!
This position is based in the Philippines and will report to a Technical Support Manager/Team Lead.
- Answer incoming Support calls.
- Identify severity of case by asking a set of pre-defined questions, and allocate the case appropriately based on its severity (1 to 4).
- Provide resolutions to Tier I (low severity) calls and cases by identifying problems, researching answers; guiding clients through corrective steps.
- Document details of tier II cases and prioritize according to urgency and importance in Salesforce.
- Monitor Support queue in Salesforce and assign appropriate severity levels for Tier II cases.
- Support Thycotic channel partners and/or distributors with both their escalated pre-and post-sales inquiries.
- Escalate urgent requests or those that require a more in-depth knowledge and understanding to the attention of Tier II and the Support Manager.
- Identify and communicate upsell opportunities to the Customer Success team.
- Work on projects and special initiatives as approved by manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Some experience providing top-notch technical customer support.
- A technical background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable field preferred.
- Some understanding of computer and network infrastructure.
- A demonstrable ability to learn quickly and grow into a Tier II position.
- Love researching and diagnosing complex issues and can communicate with a wide range of people (both internal and external) regarding intricate technical problems.
- A combination of stellar interpersonal and great technical skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment. You seek help when needed and lend a hand when needed.
- Resourceful – we are looking for that ‘I may not know, but I can consult my resources and learn’ kind of mentality.
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top