Senior Azure Cloud Application Administrator
- Manila, Philippines
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
Our growing technology company seeks an experienced, well-rounded Senior Azure Cloud Application Administrator to join our elite team of dedicated individuals. In this position, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and assisting with the implementation of Azure cloud-based infrastructure and software systems. This will include maintaining existing systems, evaluating and implementing performance and feature updates to systems, responding to incidents, and acting as a cloud system SME for the tech support team.
This position is based in the Philippines and will report to the Director of Cloud Operations.
- As the primary point of contact for several production Azure cloud-based systems, analyze, configure, and monitor the systems as necessary.
- Ensure critical SLAs are met which will include an on-call schedule for off-hour emergencies.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Assist with the development of solutions for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry data from applications and the Azure resources that run them.
- Review system enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Plan and execute upgrades of operating systems and other relevant software.
- Develop documentation for new and/or existing systems.
- Provide system training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years of applicable experience with web-based systems administration or similar role.
- 2+ years of applicable experience with Azure administration.
- Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT.
- Desired certifications include: Network+, Server+, MTA/MCSA/MCSE: Cloud Platform, Security+, etc.
- Must have advanced troubleshooting skills with web technologies such as IIS, layer 7 firewalls, proxies, etc
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT, NACLs, Load Balancing, DNS, DHCP, and packet filtering.
- Expert at troubleshooting web application issues using logging and monitoring tools, especially APM tools. Examples include NewRelic, Datadog, Nagios, Solarwinds, Dynatrace, Retrace, Site24x7, Azure Application Insights, Azure Log Analytics, Splunk, etc.
- Microsoft product expert including, Windows Server 2012-2016, Group Policy, Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge of static content offloading, caching, and CDNs.
- Experience with PKI systems and SSL/TLS Certificate management.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration.
- Understanding different backup and disaster recovery approaches in the cloud.
- Experience writing effective PowerShell scripts and markup language files such as XML, JSON, and/or YAML.
- Experience with SQL language and general DB management
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates, Virtual Networks, Storage, Virtual Machines, and Azure Active Directory.
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to act as an emergency response task force lead.
- Version control (e.g. Git, etc) and automated deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, Visual Studio, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.), a plus.
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.
Back to top