Senior AWS Cloud Application Administrator
- Manila, Philippines
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
Our growing technology company seeks an experienced, well-rounded Senior AWS Cloud Application Administrator to join our elite team of dedicated individuals. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining and assisting with the implementation of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-based infrastructure and software systems. This will include maintaining existing systems, evaluating and implementing performance and feature updates to systems, responding to incidents, and acting as a cloud system SME for the tech support team.
This position is based in the Philippines and will report to the Director of Cloud Operations.
- As the primary point of contact for several critical production AWS cloud-based systems, analyze, configure, and monitor the systems as necessary.
- Ensure critical SLAs are met which will include an on-call schedule for off-hour emergencies.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Manage and own the virtual infrastructure for a several critical production web applications. Tasks include general maintenance, site migrations, systems configuration and optimization, troubleshooting, security, incident response team lead, and working closely with other teams on projects that require cloud infrastructure support.
- Assist with the development of solutions for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry data from applications and the AWS resources that run them.
- Assist with system architecture of existing and new cloud-based systems.
- Review system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management.
- Plan and implement upgrades of operating systems and other relevant systems.
- Develop documentation for new and/or existing systems.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system training and technical guidance for utilizing cloud computing resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Skills and Requirements
- 6+ years of applicable experience in a systems administrator or similar role.
- 2+ years of applicable experience with cloud-based administration (Azure, AWS, Google, etc).
- Associate (2-year) degree, Bachelor (4-year) degree preferred in the field of CS or IT.
- Desired certifications include: Network+, Server+, Security+, AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional, AWS SysOps Administrator, etc.
- Some of the products we use and expect you to have experience with include AWS Lambda, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, IAM, Elastisearch, SNS, SQS, ELB/ALB/NLB, NAT GW, Redshift DBs, Kinesis, EC2, System Manager, and others.
- Must have excellent knowledge and troubleshooting skills with web technologies such as Apache, NGINX, MySQL, LAMP stacks, Wordpress, layer 7 firewalls, proxies, static content offloading, caching, CDNs, etc.
- Deep understanding of firewalls, subnetting, NAT, NACLs, Load Balancing, DNS, and packet filtering.
- Hands-on experience with APM and other monitoring tools. Examples include NewRelic, Datadog, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Retrace, Site24x7, Splunk, native AWS tools including X-Ray, etc.
- Excellent Linux OS administration.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration including hands-on experience with CloudFormation templates. Terraform a plus.
- Understanding different backup and disaster recovery approaches in the cloud.
- Experience writing effective scripts and markup language files such as XML, JSON, and/or YAML.
- Experience with PKI systems and SSL/TLS Certificates management.
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to act as an emergency response task force lead.
- (Bonus) Version control (e.g. Git, etc) and automated deployment tools (e.g Jenkins, Azure DevOps, CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.).
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.
Back to top