Sales Engineer - DACH
Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Account Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone. We help organizations protect what matters most, by limiting privileged account risk, implementing least privilege policies, controlling applications, and demonstrating compliance.
The results show:
- We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from small IT shops to Fortune 5 companies and are adding new customers each day!
- We are Rated #1 in customer satisfaction, achieving a 96% renewal rate!
- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row!
Our Thycotic Sales Engineers provide critical pre-sales and post-sales technical support to our clients and partners. This role requires strong communication skills, combined with a passionate and in-depth ‘product expert’ level of technical knowledge.
Working alongside our talented internal sales team and senior stakeholders you’ll provide the critical technical expertise for potential new customers and partners to receive customized technical guidance and through demonstrations of our capabilities. This role also provides the support, collaboration and sales enablement to our Channel partners.
After the sale, you’ll provide guidance to the customer on the most effective implementation strategies within their unique and potentially complex technical environment.
Located in the DACH Region, this role reports to the Sales Engineer & Enablement Director working from home with travel (average 40%).
Successful performance in this role will provide opportunities to enhance professional skills within a friendly and collaborative environment and become involved and engaged in all elements of the sales process.
- Lead the technical process for proof of concepts (POCs), providing relevant and timely updates to the sales leader on progress, challenges and technical obstacles to closing of opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team on obstacles that appear to be bugs or require support assistance. Ensure cases are addressed in a timely fashion based on the opportunity close date.
- Provide support at industry events and customer seminars.
- Contribute to Privileged Access Management thought leadership by providing input to product management to ensure that Thycotic’s products are the best that they can be.
- Never stop learning! Continue to hone your craft and build your expertise in Cybersecurity.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic or Computer Engineering, or similar area of specialty.
- Experience as a Sales Engineer or Technical Pre-Sales Consultant (security industry preferred but not required).
- Experience managing large-scale IT Proof of Concepts for enterprise customers.
- A good understanding of solution sales methodologies and how the Sales Engineer fits into solution selling.
- Focus and time management skills to work remotely.
- Experience with some or all the following:
- IAM, PAM or SSO (federated identity) solutions
- Solution architecture and design
- Active Directory
- Management of Windows-based servers: Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL
- Cloud-based networking architecture (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Powershell experience, Unix/Linux servers and SSH CLIs, and scripting against Web APIs (SOAP & REST) all pluses.
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religious belief or sex.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a reference and criminal background check in line with local labor laws and as per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top