Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
- We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
- We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
The Sales Engineer is a key member of the customer-facing sales team having primary responsibility for providing pre-sales technical support for all Thycotic products. Sales Engineers help to identify key customer requirements and present Thycotic products and use cases that meet the applicable requirements. Collaborate directly with internal employees and across all levels of management regarding the client accounts, including the executives (CTO, CIO, CISO etc.) to ensure that the customer’s needs are being met.
This is a remote position and will report to a Territory Sales Engineer – Team Lead. The ideal candidate should be based in the specified geographic area and may require up to 35% travel within the United States. Flexibility in work schedule may be required to accommodate the customer and the needs of the business. Occasional attendance at conferences may be required.
- Prepare for and deliver customized use case driven demonstrations of Thycotic solutions.
- Provide consultative support for pre-sales, partners, and customers.
- Ensure continuing client engagement during demonstrations and other technical sessions related to sales opportunities.
- Address technical blockers that are impeding the closing of opportunities.
- Focus on largest and highest potential opportunities first and understand how to work with sales/account executives to prioritize these.
- Work with the Technical Support team to highlight any technical blockers and ensure that these cases are addressed in a timely fashion based on the opportunity close date.
- Work with Product Management in relaying feature requests and suggestions based on market, customer, and prospect feedback.
- Represent Thycotic at trade shows and other industry events.
- Lead RFP/RFI and RFQ responses (RFX), engaging other company resources to help as needed, and ensuring that the RFX is completed on time.
- Provide technical and high-level best practices consultation services for current and prospective clients.
- Manage technical proof-of-concepts (POCs).
- Identify and communicate upsell opportunities to Client Services.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years Sales Engineering or related field experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, and the ability to learn and improve these on feedback from management and peers.
- Good at customizing demonstrations if needed for larger opportunities using out of the box thinking and creativity.
- Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences.
- A good understanding of solution sales methodologies.
- Create and deliver training content for the Pre-Sales Engineering organization.
- A strong understanding of computer and network infrastructure.
- Working experience with MS Windows, MS IIS, MS SQL Server, Active Directory, and knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- Knowledge of commonly use security technologies and protocols.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and web services API preferred.
- Understanding of relevant technologies and concepts related to DevOps.
- Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing Thycotic products a plus.
- Certifications: CISSP, MSCE, GIAC, CEH, or ISACA certifications a plus.
WHY WORK AT THYCOTIC?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top