- Washington, DC
Thycotic is a global leader in Privileged Access Management, a critical layer of IT security that protects an organization’s data, devices and code across cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments. Recognized as a leader by every major industry analyst group, our modern cloud-ready PAM solutions dramatically reduce the complexity and cost of securing privileged access, providing more value and higher adoption than any alternative. Thycotic is trusted by over 12,500 leading organizations around the globe including 25% of the Fortune 100.
Located in our Washington, DC headquarters, this position requires a motivated self-starter who will be responsible for all net new sales in a defined geographic territory.
In this is quota carrying role, the Account Executive will rely on telephone and web-based interactions to engage prospects and customers within the territory. Occasional travel to trade shows or field events may be required.
With our strong promote-from-within philosophy, successful performance in this role will provide career advancement opportunities to those seeking to take their sales careers to the next level.
- Find, cultivate and close deals! The ultimate goal is to prospect and sell our award-winning product suite to new clients while also managing inbound requests from prospects, current customers.
- Collaborate with Channel sales team to cultivate partner relationships.
- Research companies and contacts who might benefit from our services and generate new pipeline through targeted outreach.
- Lead discovery and qualification discussions to uncover needs and recommend solutions.
- Work with our Sales Engineers to run individually tailored product demonstrations that highlight our products’ strengths and capabilities as they pertain to the prospect’s requirements.
- Advance product evaluation and selection process through diligent and timely follow up with your opportunity pipeline.
- Consistently meet key performance indicator metrics.
- Maintain an accurate forecast of sales pipeline.
- Never stop learning! Continue to hone your craft and build your expertise in Cybersecurity.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of software sales experience, ideally selling to a corporate IT audience; experience selling cybersecurity solutions a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with high volume prospecting and creating net new business via phone and email.
- Proven top-notch written and verbal communication skills.
- Technological savvy and ability to quickly learn new concepts.
- Organized, self-motivated, goal-oriented and metrics-driven.
- Experience using Salesforce a plus.
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was named a “Best Places to Work” Award Winner in 2019 and 2020 in recognition of our positive work environment and culture, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic Software, LLC (Thycotic) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Back to top