Senior Technical Recruiter
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Recruiter to help build our San Francisco engineering team. Our ideal candidate has successfully recruited at early-stage tech startups and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. We insist on extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience. You should have experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle, and a particular passion for partnering with, and closing, candidates actively in the process. As one of the most senior people on the team, you are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Thumbtack, and mentor others to match your performance. Most importantly, you are excited to experiment with new approaches to recruiting in collaboration with our Recruiting Operations team.
- Take ownership of technical candidates from our referral, outreach and inbound sourcing programs, leading a memorable candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Proactively collaborate and calibrate with the recruiting and hiring teams to ensure a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring team and senior management and ensure high close rate for your candidates.
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams.
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Thumbtack - with real time feedback on specific candidates, but also by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement.
- 7+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter within a technical recruiting capacity
- Technology knowledge (different coding languages/technical stacks/terminology)
- Proven success recruiting for a non brand name technology company
- Startup experience is a huge plus, especially in a similarly sized company
- Well rounded and diverse experience in identification and engagement of top technical talent
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Interested in Thumbtack’s mission and contributing to the success of the company
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, Google Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top