Senior Operations Manager
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people's lives- helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Pro Operations Team
Thumbtack's success as a marketplace is dependent on having a strong community of skilled local service professionals. Today we have over 250,000 active pros/ local businesses serving 1,000's of categories such as painters, caterers, trainers, photographers, movers, general contractors and handymen.
Our Pro Operations Team's mission is to drive the operations of acquiring and managing this diverse community to be highly engaged and successful on Thumbtack. The team works closely with our Marketing, Product and Support teams across our offices in Salt Lake, San Francisco and the Philippines. The team today consists of 50 people based in SLC. A few of the main initiatives this team is driving, developing and or exploring at the moment are:
- Launch and roll-out new products, services and monetization models for our pro communities- including introduction and onboarding efforts
- Launch Thumbtack's sales and account management service initially targeted towards larger enterprise businesses
- Explore, test, identify and scale successful ops marketing campaigns across customer and pro journey
About the Role
As the operations leader for Thumbtack's Pro Services team in Salt Lake City, you have two core, interrelated responsibilities. First, ensure that the team is supporting the company's top priorities while running efficiently. Second, synthesize and communicate critical learnings from the team's thousands of pro interactions with other teams to enable Thumbtack to build the best experience and product.
- You are passionate about working on meaningful things and making an impact
- You have experience managing large teams and complicated projects successfully
- You are a pragmatic perfectionist who can prioritize and manage your time effectively
- You have the confidence and judgement to advocate for your position and to compromise
- You have a relentless drive and want to own full responsibility for projects
- Develop and refine the operational processes and systems of existing and new service professional programs
- Draw insights from operational data and make decisions based on business priorities
- Lead the growing team of Pro Services managers and specialists
- Partner with a range of functions (engineering, product, marketing, customer success, etc.) across our San Francisco, Salt Lake City and Philippines teams
- 6+ years experience in a business, strategic and analytical role within a top tech, consulting or startup company
- Strong project management skills in an evolving environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams
- Leadership experience managing projects and teams
- Proven business judgement and ability to work independently with little direction
- Strong problem solving ability, including experience with Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to summarize and communicate actionable insights effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Previous startup, SMB, or marketplace business experience
- Experience with analytical tools (e.g., SQL, R, Google Apps Script)
- Experience with telephony operations
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done- from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top