Senior Communication Designer
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About Thumbtack Studio
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of designers, copywriters, photographers, and more who are tasked with owning and executing on the visual expression of our brand. We are positioned as Thumbtacks internal creative agency and we collaborate with a wide range of internal partners from customer and pro marketing, to editorial, brand, events, and more. We work on a wide variety of outputs, from email and web design, to print, radio, reports, and even televisions ads. No matter what the medium, our goal is to create high quality, compelling creative that elevates our brand.
About the Role
As a senior designer you will be responsible for concepting and executing on brand and marketing creative across a multitude of projects including web, email, print, and environmental. We’re looking for an ambitious, resourceful and talented individual who can deliver on-brand, effective creative, lead and mentor junior designers, and effectively collaborate with a large and diverse marketing team
You love to design everything from websites, to print pieces to interactive experiences. You make it your mission to find inspiration, explore new concepts and create work you believe in. You have the experience to influence the trajectory of the brand directly through the projects you work on, and you have successfully worked with junior designers and other creatives to take projects from ideas to execution. As an instrumental member of the design group, you will help influence all brand and marketing projects, as well as, the product experience as a key collaborator.
- Partner closely with our Marketing Team to build our brand experience across multiple touchpoints and multiple mediums
- Iterate on our design system for our external and internal communications
- Push and evolve the brand guidelines to be more inspiring and influential
- Work closely with fellow designers, writers, producers and strategists by giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Create influential design presentations that are supported by well crafted and strategically sound design executions
- Present your work to a wide variety of stakeholders, from the CEO to managers, and improve your work based on feedback.
- Experience in in-house branding or brand consulting—logo design, email campaign creation, internal and external comms, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- Solid portfolio with diverse projects and mediums from print to interactive
- Great attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship
- Human-centric approach to design that is friendly, vibrant and approachable
- The belief that collaboration makes for a better product and culture
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Keynote
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 230,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top