Product Marketing Manager - Customer
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Customer Marketing Team
Our customer marketing team is charged with making Thumbtack the destination for local services by finding and scaling big growth channels, engaging with our existing customers, and helping our product teams build an experience our customers love.
About the Role
The Customer Product Marketing Manager is the first PMM on the customer (consumer) side of the Thumbtack product, and is charged with building the function from the ground up.
You will know our customers deeply and serve as their voice in the organization. You’ll partner closely with out customer-facing product teams to launch features, update customers on important product changes, and improve key areas of the product experience. You’ll synthesize customer research and feedback from customers to drive important testing and launch decisions. Your passion for understanding the customer experience will inspire how you craft compelling messaging and content to drive customers to find great pros on Thumbtack and get more done.
- Partner closely with product teams to provide insights into our customers and inform product testing and launch decisions
- Own feature launches, including messaging, communication and adoption plan
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research with our customers to understand who they are, their needs and their behaviors to inform marketing and product decisions
- Develop compelling messaging and value propositions to help customers more effectively use Thumbtack, based on user and competitive insights
- 6+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years in a consumer product marketing role in tech (working with cross functional partners to provide consumer insights and support product launches, communications, and content)
- Strong experience developing compelling messaging for consumer-oriented tech product, based on user research and insights
- Strong cross-functional teamwork and project management experience, collaborating across product, design, analytics, customer care, and marketing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with a marketplace business
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top