Product Design Intern
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Design Team
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of product designers, researchers, and content strategists working closely with engineers and product managers to research, explore, and iterate on well-crafted user experiences that are innovative, engaging, and delightful. We collaborate regularly through design reviews, work sessions, and presentations to inspire and influence the direction of the product and company as a whole.
About The Role
You advocate for the user through human-centered design principles resulting in incredibly intuitive and beautiful experiences. You’ll use your intuition, insights from user research, and quantitative user data to explore and present innovative and pragmatic design solutions. As an intern, you will get insight into all product-related projects.
This is a 3 month internship for the Summer of 2017.
- Design human-centric flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and beautiful
- Design across multiple platforms to create consistent experiences on web & mobile
- Work closely with your design mentor, fellow designers, product managers and engineers by giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise the bar
- Improve the usability of our product by incorporating user research methods to guide the design, development, and refinement of the work
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
- See your own project through from conception to launch and measure the success through data analysis and user research
- Strong portfolio with mobile and web app projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills
- Human-centric approach to designing products
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Fluency in Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision (or other prototyping products)
- Skills in HTML & CSS a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top