Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards - it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the Role
As a Product Analyst, you’ll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise while working across a variety of high-impact projects. A Product Analyst typically embeds directly with a partner team to help launch a new feature or transform an aspect of our marketplace. At the same time you’ll be expected to contribute to our broader team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
- Partner with product, growth, marketing and operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 2+ years experience working in quantitative or analytical role, preferably in technology or consulting
- Proficiency using SQL to query large data sets
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience with d3.js or web development
- Experience in Statistics, Experiment Analysis and Modeling / Machine Learning
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top