Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
Our product touches millions of lives across the country, and we are seeking a Producer to help us take the Thumbtack experience and design team to the next level.
About Thumbtack Studio
We’re a diverse, collaborative group of creatives thinkers and doers that are tasked with bringing the Thumbtack brand to life for our customers and professionals. As stewards of the brand, we serve as creative partners for the entire organization, collaborating closely with marketing, product, recruiting, and more. We’re a results-driven group committed to creating an impact throughout the organization with inspiring creative that tells our story and moves the Thumbtack brand forward.
You balance the art of communication with the science of planning. You’re able to interface with leaders within a marketing organization to prioritize projects based on a multitude of inputs and constraints. You’re obsessed with details and you care as much about a well composed email as you do a properly designed grid. You’re great under pressure and are able to estimate deadlines and schedule check-ins to keep everyone on track. You have an understanding of and an appreciation for the creative process—it's complexities, cadence, and unique needs. You know that producing great creative is as dependent on inspiration as it is on coordination and you’re able to set realistic expectations to keep teams in sync. You understand the inherent tradeoffs between quality and results and prioritize projects and decisions that will have the greatest impact on the organization.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to determine highest priority areas for Thumbtack Studio to invest in support
- Manage project deadlines and details, and be the central point of contact between content providers and creatives
- Coordinate and manage relationships with external agencies and contractors
- Understand the specifics of creative deliverables including web design, print, environmental and more
- Collaborate closely with the creative director to help manage resources and time
- Prioritize projects based on input from the creative director and internal clients
- Establish and maintain tools and techniques that keep the team on schedule and in sync
- Manage the pipeline of incoming requests and ensure key deliverables are executed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the proper usage of our brand guidelines and maintain a high standard of execution across deliverables.
- Manage project budgets
- Be able to work independently, solve problems proactively, and time manage effectively
- 4-7+ years of experience managing projects for creative teams
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented and energetic individual with strong leadership and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Fluency in relevant project management tools (Excel, Jira, Asana, Google Cal)
- Familiarity with design tools (Sketch, Adobe CS)
- Familiarity with user research and user-centered product design
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top