Pro Product Marketing Manager
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Pro Marketing Team
Our pro marketing team is devoted to helping pros get hired and successfully grow their businesses with Thumbtack. We create a range of marketing programs to coach, motivate, and engage our pros.
About the Role
The Product Marketing Manager - Pro will lead campaigns and feature launches that help pros use Thumbtack more successfully. Your passion for understanding the pro experience using Thumbtack will inspire how you craft compelling messaging and content to drive pros to quote, and get hired. You’ll partner closely with our pro product teams to launch features, update pros on important product changes, and improve key areas of the product experience where pros face challenges. You will partner to develop training content, such as help articles, videos and webinars, that instruct pros how to use Thumbtack. You’ll synthesize feedback from pros to drive important test and roadmap decisions. And you will deeply understand our pros and their needs, bringing the voice of our pros into the company to help the Thumbtack team gain empathy.
- Drive qualitative and quantitative research with our pros to understand who they are, their needs and their behaviors to inform marketing and product updates
- Develop compelling messaging, value propositions and content to help pros more effectively use Thumbtack, based on user and competitive insights
- Define and manage go-to-market plans across a range of marketing, customer care, ops, and product channels to effectively communicate feature launches and programs
- Lead development of critical communications to pros around sensitive topics
- Manage and track impact of campaigns and communications
- Update pro website and landing pages to ensure pros understand how Thumbtack works
- 5+ years of professional experience in a corporate or start-up environment
- 2+ years in a consumer or SMB product marketing role (working with cross functional partners to support product launches, communications, and content)
- Strong experience developing compelling messaging for a small business or consumer-oriented SaaS or technology product, based on user research and insights
- Strong quantitative analytical skill set, with track record of a “test and learn” mindset
- Strong cross-functional teamwork and project management experience, collaborating across product, design, analytics, customer care, and marketing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A keen understanding of small business owners and the challenges they face in growing their businesses.
- A passion for improving the lives of your customers informed by a deep level of empathy.
- A proven track record of successful, cross-functional marketing launches for SMB specific products and features.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top