People Business Partner
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from fully-paid health insurance, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
About the Role
Our People programs and initiatives are only effective if we can seamlessly integrate them into how our business works. That’s where a strategic People Business Partner like you comes in.
- Provide thought leadership. Be a trusted thought partner with our VP Engineering, VP Product and managers to deeply understand the business and solve complex issues through a people lens. Using a data-driven approach, develop a short and long term People plan for the organization to ensure we continue to scale and achieve ambitious goals.
- Drive change through people programs. Lead key people programs (e.g., performance management, compensation planning, development etc.) for the Engineering and Product teams, while also influencing the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Provide expertise in key people domains. Manage key people domains for the Engineering and Product teams, including performance management, employee relations, and key interfaces with total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease, finding the right balance between what’s right for the employee and Thumbtack. Be a confidant and coach across Engineering and Product, to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high performing teams.
- Be a leader, and help us build. Provide a key interface between the People Specialist teams and clients; ensuring People programs and activities are integrated into Engineering and Product, and client insights are leveraged to influence the development of People programs. Anticipate and contribute to developing frameworks and processes to help us scale quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of HR business partner, generalist or equivalent experience
- Experience with: Organization design, coaching, diversity and inclusion, talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, compensation and total rewards, talent management and/ or conflict resolution
- MA/MS or MBA degree
- Experience partnering with an Engineering, Product Management or technical client group
- Experience in a high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top