Market Research Manager
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Brand Team
The brand team is responsible for brand insights, strategy and programs. We partner across the organization to build a consistent, resonant experience for our customers and professionals.
About the Role
The Market Research Manager will design, conduct and synthesize all market research to make our marketing teams more effective, and help serve as the voice of our pros and customers throughout the company. You’ll work closely with marketing leaders to identify research needs and deliver solutions. As a founding member of the Thumbtack-wide research team, you’ll partner with User Research within the product team to build our research function from the ground up.
- Build the Market Research function at Thumbtack from ground up, including tools, structure, and process
- Help hire and build the Market Research team
- Field, analyze, and report out on ongoing and one off quantitative and qualitative research
- Be the voice of the customer and pro, including owning and evolving Customer and Pro segmentation and personas, and helping teams embed these insights into their decision making
- Design and conduct ad hoc research including messaging and creative testing
- Set up and facilitate ongoing customer and pro interviews and focus groups
- Create compelling reports and narratives to rally the company around research findings
- 4-8 yrs of relevant experience in a consulting/agency environment or in house at a B2C tech company
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Ability to work cross functionally across the Marketing and Product teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Advanced analytical skills (e.g. capable of performing a regression analysis)
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top