Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
Both sides of the Thumbtack marketplace (independent professionals and customers) will benefit massively from enhanced mobile experiences. Imagine what you might do if you could run your business from your iPhone? If you could hire a pro at any time day or night with just a few taps? The sky's the limit.
The front-end team at Thumbtack invests heavily in responsive web design and fast, elegant mobile experiences. We've seen this investment pay off incredibly. However, we think we can do better with a fully native experience. We’ve started by releasing the Thumbtack app for customers: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thumbtack/id852703300. But there’s still a lot more to come and we want you to be part of it.
We're looking for someone with a history of building amazing iOS applications. You'll be working with great engineering and design teams who are eager to assist you in building something really exceptional.
- You’re an excellent iOS/Objective-C engineer who is comfortable building beautiful iOS experiences
- You have previous experience releasing apps on the App Store (We're looking for someone who's done this before!)
- You’re excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- You have empathy for the user and an eye for great, user-friendly design
- You’re a great communicator. We find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top