Head of Trust & Safety
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Role
The Head of Trust & Safety will be responsible for leading and scaling trust and safety at Thumbtack. You’ll have the opportunity to think through these critical issues from the ground up and develop the policies and processes to promote trust on our platform.
- Work at the intersection of product, marketing, analytics, customer service, and operations to design and execute best-in-class strategies for marketplace integrity at Thumbtack.
- Manage trust and safety issues for all online and offline customer and pro experiences.
- Develop policies for pros and customers in partnership with key stakeholders across the company to enhance marketplace trust and safety.
- Partner with product teams to develop and implement tools to promote trust.
- Manage a growing team.
- Experienced professional with 10+ years experience working on online or offline trust issues (ideally, both).
- A deep understanding of online marketplaces and the product/engineering that supports trust and safety tools for online platforms.
- Proven ability to train, mentor, and grow a team.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a range of teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Stellar analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- You have raw intellectual horsepower with a dose of humility.
- You use data to guide you while maintaining strong empathy for our users.
- You’re a natural communicator and are great at promoting teamwork and understanding between different types of workers and thinkers.
- You love coming to work with great people and collaborating on cutting edge issues.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top