Front End Engineer
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
Thumbtack’s engineering team is a diverse group of problems solvers always hungry for a good challenge. Whether on front end or back end, desktop or mobile, we’re handling some seriously comprehensive data, growing super fast, and building products used by thousands of customers and pros every day.
As a front-end engineer at Thumbtack, your breadth of skills paired with our bottom-up product process will give you as much autonomy and license as you can handle. If you can build it and it’s good for the company, do it! There's no limit to how valuable you can be or how much impact you can make here. We’re looking for people who want to make a mark on the world—who have the ambition to dream big and the talent to bring those dreams to fruition.
- You see the web as a beautiful, intricate, occasionally clumsy Rube Goldberg machine. Working with it isn’t a chore; it’s a challenge.
- You spend almost as much time inspecting a page's elements and figuring out how it works as you do using it. You're insatiably curious about how websites are made.
- You think complaining about IE support is so five years ago. You know exactly how, when, and where not to play nice across different browsers and platforms.
- You keep abreast with modern web practices and trends but know when to stay pragmatic in their implementations.
- You have a portfolio of real, live projects or contributions to open-source.
- You’re excited about clean and accessible markup, A/B testing and data-driven decisions, responsive web design, as well as graceful degradation and progressive enhancement.
- You have an eye and appreciation for good, user-friendly design.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top