Here at Thumbtack, we’re building the easiest way for people to hire local professionals for projects big and small. From house painting to personal training and everything in between, we match customers to the right pros for all of life’s projects.
We’re looking for an engineering director to lead core product development at Thumbtack. Thumbtack’s engineering team continues to grow quickly and we’re looking to hire an outstanding engineering leader to run core parts of our product, scale our engineering team, and help drive our technical direction.
- Experience in a senior engineering management role.
- 8-10+ years experience building software at scale.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Passion for leading teams, setting vision, and developing highly functioning organizations.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems.
- Passionate about technology and not afraid to write code.
- Experience working on a consumer product or startup a plus.
You have a passion for building software and successful engineering teams. You like to get things done by shipping well-crafted software. You have strong interpersonal skills and a strong technical base to help your team make great technical decisions.
We expect you to be excited by Thumbtack's mission to transform the local services economy with technology, our marketplace more efficient and optimized for consumers and professionals. We deeply believe in the transformative power of technology in the services industry.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top