Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About Thumbtack Studio
We’re a little-known brand doing big things, and we need to get the word out. The Thumbtack Studio team helps make that happen by providing compelling creative solutions that champion our brand message, reflect our brand values, and celebrate the role Thumbtack plays in the lives of our customers and pros.
About the Role
We’re growing fast and as we expand, it’s important that we focus on communicating clearly, authentically, and frequently with our Thumbtack professionals—they’re the heart and soul of our product and we’re dedicated to their success. Our newest copywriter will be an expert in our pros’ experience on Thumbtack, offering essential marketing messaging and strategic guidance for building and maintaining these relationships.
- Be a champion for the brand and an advocate for our professionals.
- Improve our landing pages, acquisition ads, and email campaigns by auditing, strategizing, and writing copy that resonates with our pro audiences.
- Work closely with the Pro Marketing team to ensure pro communications are efficiently executed and aligned with top-level business goals.
- B.A. in Advertising, Marketing, Writing, or similar
- 5+ years experience writing great B2B copy for reputable brands
- Highly creative problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate across different teams and departments: marketing, design, product, category management, etc.
- A portfolio of action-oriented copy or 2-3 unique writing samples
- In-product and/or technical UX writing experience
- Design-thinking abilities and an eye for good layout
- Strong knowledge of brand tactics and trends within the tech industry
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.****
Back to top