Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Team
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative, and highly iterative group. You’ll work closely with designers and product managers to launch and evolve product features. You’ll partner with User Research to gain insights from data. You’ll work closely with Product Marketing to craft and deliver communications via the right channels at the best times. You’ll also sync regularly with other writers at Thumbtack to maintain a cohesive voice across all customer-facing communications.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned writer who has the analytical and problem-solving skills to work through complicated UI experiences on both mobile and web. As a content strategist, you’ll be expected to create coherent, consistent messaging while passionately advocating for the needs of the user. Working closely with design and product marketing teams, you will influence product positioning and communication strategy.
- Quickly understand complex UI experiences to create UX copy that’s accurate, encouraging, and articulate
- Create UI and feature launch copy in the Thumbtack voice across all product communications
- Work closely with the product team to develop user-focused positioning and narratives in support of features and experiences
- Ensure voice and content consistency with marketing, content marketing, and customer support
- Maintain guidelines and evangelize learnings through the Thumbtack style guide
- Understand what messages resonate with users and why
- Identify opportunities for impactful A/B copy tests and participate in user interviews
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams with designers, engineers, product managers, marketing team members, and product marketing managers
- 5+ years of experience as a content strategist or UX writer, ideally in tech
- Experience crafting user experiences through in-product copy
- Experience writing and editing for consumer and ideally business audiences
- Experience with projects involving design, brand, marketing, and product
- Experience identifying and communicating feature values to users
- Experience leading content projects and presenting your copy recommendations
- Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver copy on tight timelines
* Resume and writing samples are required.
Please visit www.thumbtack.com/jobs to return back to our careers page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top