Category Management Undergraduate Intern
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Category Management Team
Thumbtack’s Category Management team drives growth and improves the user experience for Thumbtack’s 1000+ diverse service categories, from General Contracting to Balloon Artistry. The Category Management Undergraduate intern will work in our Business Services or Lessons vertical, and manage a set of Thumbtack’s categories for the summer.
About the Role
The Category Management Undergraduate Intern is passionate about creating a product that is tailored to the individual needs of customers and professionals. You’re excited to learn, get your hands dirty, and see the results of your work live on our site. You are data-driven and take an analytical approach to problem solving, distilling both quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights. You can empathize with Thumbtack’s customers and pros and are excited to get to know them better through 1:1 interviews. You get things done - you have a bias for action and work well with others to reach ambitious goals.
- Own and improve a set of Thumbtack’s categories. The intern will perform qualitative research (e.g., conducting user interviews) and quantitative analysis to deeply understand customer and pro behavior within these categories, and translate that understanding into tangible product improvements to drive growth and improve the customer experience.
- Inform and execute strategic category-specific product decisions. Thumbtack is building lots of great products, and the intern will be responsible for defining and implementing product decisions to best serve users in his or her categories.
- Current junior with strong academic performance
- Past analytical coursework and/or work experience
- Familiarity with Excel and willingness to quickly learn basic SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Meet Some of Thumbtack's Employees
Marian works on Thumbtack's Relationship Marketing Team. She engages and builds client-relationships with Thumbtack pros—collecting and sharing success stories through the company's newsletters and blogs.
Back to top