Analytics Manager, Business Intelligence
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data to improve a user experience to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards - it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the Role
We want you to build and lead a new Business Intelligence team. You’ll be expected to develop a foundational, strategic vision for how we can continue to scale our world-class data environment. You’ll collaborate with our Data Engineering team on designing our data warehouse and implementing a portfolio of tools to empower analysts across the company to access information. You’ll also assume responsibility for measuring and reporting on key company-level trends directly to our leadership team. We’re looking for a skilled analyst and leader who can blend deep technical understandings with a bias for action and a strong sense of collaboration. Over time, we’ll expect you to grow a team and serve as a role-model for sound decision-making, coaching and inspired analysis.
- Design and maintain a data warehouse that supports a rapidly evolving product - with help from a stellar data engineering team
- Own and manage a portfolio of tools which empower analysts across the company
- Grow and nurture a collaborative community of data analysts that thrive by learning from one another
- Translate analysis into compelling narratives which explain company-wide trends to our leadership team
- Help recruit, coach and inspire a team of world-class analysts
- BA/BS degree and exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science
- 5+ years experience working in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, or a similarly quantitative role
- Proficient using SQL to query large data sets
- Experience designing and maintaining data warehouses and tooling infrastructure
- Capable project manager, can juggle a set of diverse projects with a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Excellent communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
- Experience leading teams and mentoring other analysts
- Experience in an online marketplace or similar consumer technology company
- Proficient in scripting languages such as R, Python or Scala
- Proficient in web data visualization technologies such as D3.js
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top