Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards - it’s telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the Role
During this 12 week summer internship at Thumbtack, you will be paired with a mentor on the analytics team and work on a couple high-impact analytics projects. You will partner with teams across the company to better understand a product feature or an aspect of our marketplace. At the same time, you’ll be expected to contribute to our broader team and company data culture by sharing your learnings and informing decisions.
- Partner with product, growth, marketing and operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration
- Current junior with past analytical work/research experience or working toward a degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Proficiency using SQL, R, Python, or similar tool to analyze large datasets
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top