Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping brides plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
We have a data-driven culture, but we still feel like we’re only taking advantage of a fraction of the information we have to drive the right decisions for our customers, professionals and business. We’re looking for an Analytics Associate to work with teams across Thumbtack to answer important strategic questions. You’ll report to the Head of Analytics but get to spend time working with teams across the organization, including product, growth, marketing and operations.
You have a strong combination of analytical prowess, effective storytelling and business judgement. You’re focused on results, a self-starter and have a demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression and user engagement of a product.
- Partner with product, growth, marketing and ops teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses to drive strategic decisions
- Conduct creative analyses to develop insights into complex questions
- Track and regularly report on key performance metrics
- Develop dashboards to empower other team members with data
- 2+ years experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably in tech, consulting, or finance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science and/or Business.
- Extensive hand-on experience with SQL and Databases
- A creative approach in developing actionable analysis and recommendations
- Sharp business judgement and ability to see past the noise in large datasets to summarize and present actionable insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Clear track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Experience in R or Python
- Masters degree in Statistics or other related field
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top