Sr. Software Engineer (Rails/React)
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry, and we want your help to design and evolve applications that build the backbone of our company. From image-processing and real-time prediction systems, to distribution center automation and workflow-management, there are a huge number of challenging and fun projects on the horizon that you can make an impact on. We are also devoting significant time towards decoupled services, machine learning, continuous integration, and scalability.
- Proficiency with Ruby and Ruby based frameworks (Rails, Grape, Sinatra)
- Proficiency with at least one front-end JS framework (We use React/Redux)
- Exceptional track record in delivering quality engineering solutions at different levels of the stack.
- Strong experience in distributed systems design and best practices.
- Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team touching different parts of our core services.
What We Care About:
- Trust, responsibility, proactiveness, self-learning.
- Analytical mindset geared towards incremental data driven improvements.
- Building scalable and flexible systems utilizing best engineering practices.
- Writing clean and maintainable code with solid test coverage. Looking for leverage in improving testing.
- Setting realistic estimates and effective communication to technical/business stakeholders.
Back to top