Sr. Software Engineer (C#.net, C++, TCP/IP)
- San Francisco, CA
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP we’re revolutionizing the clothing industry, and we're looking for an experienced engineer to help architect the future of our warehouse management systems. If you want to own the software architecture and implementation of our distribution center automation systems for inventory management and inventory movement and work with an engineering team that cares a lot about each other, our culture, the quality of our code, and building a successful company, we'd love to hear from you.
- Architect, design and implement GUIs for photo studios, inventory management applications using C#.net
- Architect, design and implement server side interfaces, APIs using Ruby on Rails or the tech stack that best suites the needs
- Interface with third party software ranging from logistics partners and industrial automation partners
- Orchestrate messages across distributed systems using messaging systems
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Strong experience in object oriented design, objected oriented programming C#, C++ in multi-threaded, multi server environment
- Strong experience in Data modeling and RDMS (MySQL / Oracle / SQL Server).
- Experience in windows development tools
- TCP/IP networking knowledge for automation systems handshake.
- Rabbit MQ / Kafka
- (Bonus) AWS experience
- (Bonus) Experience with Ruby and Ruby based frameworks
- (Bonus) CS degree
Back to top