Senior Front-End Engineer - SEO
- San Francisco, CA
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
thredUP’s marketplace creates an amazing opportunity for organic growth. We have millions of listings alongside an extensive taxonomy that should dominate the organic long tail of the used clothing market, but we need help. We need someone who not only comes with prior SEO experience, but is also hands-on and is able to move quickly with quality within our modern tech stack. Ideally someone who can also be a part of our ideation process that fuels the game plan for our organic strategy. This role has the ability to influence large outcomes for the company’s growth trajectory because of the leverage organic traffic generates for customer acquisition. If you’re looking for a challenge, responsibility for an entire domain, and the autonomy to drive that domain forward, this role is for you.
- Front-end software development (React/Redux for front-end, any Ruby on Rails / Node.js for back-end would be a bonus).
- Collaborate with your peers and other cross-functional teams to execute on organic initiatives.
- Implement experiments and collaborate with stakeholders to cycle iteratively with validated learnings.
- Be able to set realistic timelines with effective communication for stakeholders.
- Contribute towards improving our architecture, processes, and engineering culture.
- Facilitate career growth through professional development.
- Build scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection.
- Influencing outcomes. Thinking big. Speaking UP. Infinite learning. Transparency. Seek the Truth. (thredUP's Values)
- 3+ years of production level software engineering experience
- Prior experience working within the SEO domain
- Experience with single page applications JS frameworks
- Ability to work well with non-engineering stakeholders
- Autonomous. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions.
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble to accommodate business needs.
- (Bonus) E-commerce experience
- (Bonus) Strong product comprehension
Back to top