Senior Core Services Engineer
- Configure, build, and maintain the services that power our marketplace.
- Contribute to the API design for our product features.
- Implement experiments and collaborate with stakeholders to cycle iteratively with validated learnings.
- Collaborate with your peers and other teams to teach, learn and execute efficiently.
- Contribute to improving our processes and engineering culture.
What We Care About
- Ownership, trust, responsibility and proactiveness.
- A data-driven approach towards continuous improvement in the user experience.
- Building scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection.
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions.
- Influencing outcomes. Thinking big. Speaking UP. Infinite learning. Transparency.
- 3+ years of production-level engineering experience.
- Production experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Node.js.
- Production experience with Search backends (Elasticsearch, SOLR, Lucene, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems design and best practices.
- Experience with API design & management at scale.Believer in automated testing.
- (Bonus) Kubernetes experience.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a massive impact for our business and customer alongside a team of passionate engineers.
- The opportunity to influence outcomes for an emerging company.
- Working within a modern tech stack with a high level of autonomy and trust.
- Competitive salary, equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision insurance & 401k).
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (what we call Maker Days).
Meet Some of thredUP's Employees
Dan and his team work with colleagues across the organization to brainstorm and develop empowering engineering solutions for thredUP and its stakeholders.
Back to top