thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role:
We are seeking fun, fashionable and energetic people who want to be part of reinventing the retail experience and inspiring a new generation to think second hand first.
**STORE OPENING NOW** Hiring Immediately!
Friends would say you are…
- A team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Constantly sharing new brands or companies with your friends and getting them hooked with your enthusiasm
- A natural planner, you’re the go-to for organizing events
- Empathetic, you would tell someone when they have spinach in their teeth
- Always looking for ways to improve and make things more efficient
- Honest and self motivated
- Connecting with customers and finding ways to make others smile
- Fashion and putting great outfits together
- Learning and trying new things
- Working independently and on a team
You are searching for...
- An opportunity to work with people and improve the customer experience
- A fast-paced challenge that will push you out of your comfort zone
- An opportunity to educate and inspire people to change the way they shop
- A team of creative, smart teammates who will keep you laughing and also tell you when you need to stepUP
A day in the life…
- Creates a welcoming environment by greeting and approaching customers
- Exceeds customer expectations by providing assistance with a positive attitude
- Provide the best in-person shopping experience for customers, from finding the perfect outfit to maintaining store floor
- Demonstrates timely follow-up and follow-through on customer requests and commitments
- Brand education: help develop effective tools to educate customers on our store and clean-out process
- Signing up new customers to our online platform, educating consumers and providing insights from the field
- A 4-year college degree or applicable experience
- Previous retail experience preferred
- A great work ethic and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- An eye for fashion and ability to work with and understand styles outside of your personal style
- Technologically-savvy and resourceful
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Motivated and results driven
- Strong attention to detail
- Full-time availability including nights and weekends
We are having a HIRING EVENT on Thursday, July 12th from 11am to 3pm!!!
Walk-ins are welcome! Please bring your resume as we will be doing interviews on the spot!
Location: 1 Stoneridge Mall Road Ste A117 Pleasanton, CA 94588
Back to top