- Phoenix, AZ
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role:
As a Payroll Lead on the FP&A team, you will assist our Payroll Manager with the payroll function at thredUP, ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing for both a salaried and hourly workforce. This role also includes supporting month-end close processes, the financial and 401(k) plan audits, systems implementations, reconciling liability accounts, etc. This would be a remote position in the Phoenix market.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing for 1,300 employees spread across 10+ states
- Partner with our People team to process new hires, terminations, garnishments, raises, and leaves of absence
- Assist with benefits administration
- Reconcile all payroll related liability accounts
- Prepare final checks for terminated employees
- Manage stock option grant issuances and exercises
- Audit employee expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies
- Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly to employee inquiries and requests from other departments
- Troubleshoot and document moderate to complex payroll issues
- Assist with annual 401k audit
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university
- 3+ years of full cycle payroll experience
- Professionalism, reliability, moral integrity, and sound judgment
- Attention to detail and the ability to self-audit to ensure data integrity
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to deliver quality work to your internal clients
- Experience with Paylocity is a plus
- A passion for growing your career in finance and accounting, and have the desire to take on new challenges!
Back to top