Operations Overnight Shift Supervisor
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing, making buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
To keep our website stocked with fresh inventory, we are scaling up our operations at our high-volume distribution center in Mechanicsburg, PA. That’s where our Operations Overnight Shift Supervisor saves the day.
What will I be doing as a Operations Shift Supervisor?
- Take the lead. You are passionate about mentoring, developing and coaching your team members, and helping them maximize their potential at work. And you know that does not happen by sitting at a desk. You are comfortable working on the floor alongside your direct reports but can also handle disciplinary and employee issues in a professional manner.
- Think smart. Every day will be different, but you will anticipate and adjust personnel and resources to maximize productivity and minimize unplanned overtime.
- Keep the wheels turning. We’re not talking about our conveyor belts. We want you to speak up with ideas (big and small) on how we can improve our operations and keep customers happy.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Each shift has dedicated trainers, but you will also coach team members on best practices and provide performance feedback. In addition, you will collaborate with management, engineers, suppliers, partners and customer service representative on various tasks.
- Better safe than sorry. Our distribution center may not have forklifts, but accidents can happen anywhere. You will be a safety advocate, ensuring that thredUP has a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment, every day.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- Give me five. You have 5+ years of experience in retail, warehousing, or other team-oriented production environments. More specifically, you have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Production Lead, Supervisor, or leading/coaching teams of 40+ associates.
- One smart cookie. You have an associates degree or relevant work experience.And you have common sense (which is not always common). Familiarity with applying Lean Mfg, Six Sigma or Kaizen principles is a plus.
- Get on your feet. You need to be able to stand or walk for an entire shift (8-10 hours per day) as well as bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
- Habla español? El dominio del idioma español es muy preferido. (Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.)
Show me the money...
- Become a thredUP owner. thredUP is still privately owned, so we offer stock options. If we’re successful, you’re successful!
- Just in case of emergencies. We do offer medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance as well as 401k.
- Love a good sale? That’s right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices. Spend responsibly.
Sunday (7:30pm - 6:00am) / Monday - Thursday (10:30pm - 6:00am)
Our legal team made us spell this out…
Must be at least 18 years old and have English language proficiency. We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top