Full-Stack Engineer - New Ventures
- San Francisco, CA
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
At thredUP, our New Ventures team works directly with our CEO on the future growth vectors for the business. Not only will this role be contributing towards innovative product development, but you’ll be able to collaborate with the entire New Ventures team for ideation, road-mapping, and implementation. If you want to join a team that moves fast and operates like a small start-up, but has the resources of a mature business, this role is for you.
- Full-stack software development (Ruby on Rails for back-end, React/Redux for front-end)
- Implement experiments and collaborate with stakeholders to cycle iteratively with validated learnings
- Collaborate with your peers and other cross-functional teams to execute on business initiatives
- Be able to set realistic timelines with effective communication to technical/business stakeholders
- Contribute towards improving our architecture, processes, and engineering culture
- Build scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection
- Follow the thredUP values of: Influencing outcomes. Thinking big. Speaking UP. Infinite learning. Transparency.
- 3+ years of production level software engineering experience
- Strong back-end experience (preferably Ruby and/or Node.js)
- Experience with single page applications JS frameworks
- Strong product comprehension
- Works well with non-engineer stakeholders
- Ability to make, own, and carry out decisions independently
- Bonus - React / Redux experience
- Bonus - E-commerce experience
Back to top