Front-End Engineer - Outbreak Team
At thredUP, we have cross-functional teams working together to revolutionize the clothing industry and we're looking for an engineer to work closely with our Product/Marketing Outbreak team to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. Our Outbreak team works to leverage our product and platform to capitalize on innovative opportunities to drive more awareness to our mission. This can range from our 'Shop Her Closet' platform which was featured in People Magazine, E! Online, Hollywood Reporter, and other media outlets to using machine learning models to drive our promotional experiences on our website and in our mobile apps.
- Build, evolve, and maintain the full-stack systems that drive the Outbreak team’s domain.
- Implement experiments and collaborate with stakeholders to cycle iteratively with validated learnings.
- Work to automate certain needs that are currently updated in a manual fashion (promotions, homepage updates, etc.).
- Collaborate with your peers and other cross-functional teams to teach, learn and execute efficiently.
- Setting realistic timelines estimates and effective communication to technical/business stakeholders.
- Contribute to improving our processes and engineering culture.
- 2+ years of production level software engineering experience
- Experience with single page applications JS frameworks
- Comfortable with CSS
- Strong product comprehension
- Ability to work well with non-engineer stakeholders
- (Bonus) React / Redux and/or Node.js experience
- (Bonus) E-commerce experience
What We Care About
- Ownership, trust, responsibility and proactiveness.
- Building scalable systems using best engineering practices, while understanding the tradeoff between time and perfection.
- Being flexible and nimble to accommodate business needs.
- Facilitating career growth through professional development.
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions.
- Influencing outcomes. Thinking big. Speaking UP. Infinite learning. Transparency.
Back to top