Distribution Team Lead - PM Shift
thredUP is the largest online marketplace for secondhand clothing. We make buying and selling a cinch for millions of women across the globe. The company resells more than 35,000 brands across hundreds of categories at up to 90% off the original retail value. Headquartered in downtown San Francisco and backed by world-class investors, thredUP is reinventing the secondhand clothing industry and inspiring a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first.
About the Role
The Operations Associate Lead performs all materials processing for one of the inbound (receiving, sorting and processing merchandise) or outbound (pick, pack & shipping) operations area within our high-volume Duluth, GA distribution center, and assists Supervisors with production flow in a specified area. Provides production direction for floor tasks.
- Materials Processing (30% time) Activities include receiving and processing incoming garments for evaluation, and orders for shipping. Specifically:
- Receive goods, and reconcile against all pertinent supplier information.
- Inspect apparel and accept it into inventory based on thredUP’s high standards regarding condition, brand, and sizing
- Provide quality control at all key steps.
- Itemize, photograph, hang, pick and pack apparel and related items.
- Rack-sort, Returns and racking.
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low defect rates, short lead times and scale up.
- Perform other on-site duties as assigned
- Process Improvement (30% time) - Activities include identifying ways to improve processes and customer experience, surfacing problems early to assist supervisors and being creative in proposing solutions. Specifically:
- Gives timely and appropriate feedback for continuous improvement of processes.
- Participate in the completion of production goals and special projects.
- Communications (30% time) - Activities include attending shift meetings, escalating issues and concerns, appropriate internal communications with peers, staff and departments. Specifically:
- Effectively communicate work task Standard Operating Procedures, daily status information particularly during shift hand-offs.
- Interact, in a professional manner, with supervisors, thredUP management, technical experts and peers.
- Maintains a cooperative and constructive attitude.
- Communicates appropriately regarding work issues, concerns, and when asking questions – individually, or in a group situation.
- Leadership (30% time) - Activities include attending shift meetings, escalating issues and concerns, and internal communications with peers, staff and appropriate departments. Specifically:
- Takes on new/additional tasks, responsibilities and special projects
- Trains and/or mentors others on processes, procedures and quality
- Consistently produces/performs in top 10%
- Attention to detail, positive attitude, punctuality and reliability.
- Basic reading and arithmetic skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience/dexterity using handheld electronic devices (e.g., scanners, cameras, and smart phones), desktop computers, and voice dictation systems for data entry.g., scanners, cameras, and smart phones), desktop computers, and voice dictation systems for data entry.
- High School Diploma
- Must have 2+ yrs of Leadership experience (i.e. Lead, Supervisor, etc)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Strong written communication skills (Note: Resume structure and presentation is often a good sign)
- Well spoken/experience speaking to and motivating 20+ people
- Experience delivering constructive feedback
- Light project management experience - (1+ yr)
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Timekeeping experience a plus
Monday - Friday
Back to top