Clothing Warehouse Associate - AM Shift
What will I be doing as a Distribution Team Member?
- Keeper of our closet. We can’t (and don’t!) accept every piece of used clothing that’s sent to us. You’ll be acting as quality control to keep our online inventory in tip-top shape. (Don’t worry — we teach you quality standards during training)
- Jack of all trades. You may be picking, packing, photographing, steaming, hanging, and merchandising clothing and accessories. If you like learning new skills and moving stations on a regular basis, then keep reading.
- Get on your feet. You need to be able to stand or walk for an entire shift for up to 8-9 hours as day, as well as bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- Fly by the seat of your pants. Our processes are subject to change, so you need to be flexible and willing to adapt when things shift.
- iSavvy. This may not be a desk job, but you should be comfortable using touch screen computers, scanners, iPods, cameras, and similar devices with on/off switches and glowing screens.
- No “i” in team. You have worked with others in retail, warehousing, or similar fast-paced environments. Past coworkers would describe you as reliable and a team player.
- Look on the bright side. You work hard and stay positive, even on tough days.
- Devil is in the details. You pay attention and understand the importance of accuracy.
What’s the environment like?
- No forklifts, no hard hats, no steel-toed boots. This isn’t your typical warehouse job.
- No face-to-face customer interaction (But we are always thinking about ways to delight our customers).
- Silence is deadly (and boring). Plan on hearing music while you work. Trust us, it keeps things much more fun and lively.
- Dressing to the nines…isn’t necessary here. Wear what you need to be comfortable and productive in. Think jeans, t-shirts, and supportive closed-toe shoes.
Okay, show me the money...
- We have a set 40-hour schedule. Sorry, we cannot accommodate any adjusted schedules at this time.
- Work hours will depend on the department you are assigned to after training, this will be determined by training outcome and business need.
- Hours: Sun 6am-2:30pm, M-W 6am-2pm, Th 5am-2pm
- Takin’ care of business. And working overtime (aka your work schedule may include Saturdays when needed.)
- Pay day every week. You get paid weekly for the first 60 days, then bi-weekly once you graduate to a permanent thredUP employee.
- Work hard, earn more. You can earn regular pay increases as you develop additional skills.
What happens after my first 60 days?
- If you’re smitten with thredUP and want to get the party going, we want to graduate you to a full-time thredUP employee. Beyond bragging rights, there are a few other perks.
- Just in case of emergencies. We do offer medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance.
- Become a thredUP owner. thredUP is still privately owned, so we offer 1,000 stock options after 6 months of permanent employment. If we’re successful, you’re successful!
- Love a good sale. That’s right, we have an employee discount on our already discounted prices. Spend responsibly.
Meet Some of thredUP's Employees
Dan and his team work with colleagues across the organization to brainstorm and develop empowering engineering solutions for thredUP and its stakeholders.
Back to top