thredUP, based in San Francisco, is the leading online marketplace for buying and selling like-new women’s and kids’ clothing. thredUP was founded in 2009 and currently employs nearly 1,000 people across its corporate office and four distribution centers. To date, thredUP has raised $131 million from top-tier investors, most recently closing an $81M equity investment from Goldman Sachs.
thredUP’s mission is to inspire a new generation of shoppers to think secondhand first. We are achieving this mission by being the easiest, most convenient way for busy moms to “clean out” their closets, get organized and do good in the process. In addition, thredUP features daily, more than 375,000 women’s and kids’ items for sale—more than all of its competitors combined—from brands ranging from Gap to Gucci, at up to 90% off.
Overview of the Role:
Assistant Merchandisers at thredUP play a crucial role in supporting the Merchandiser with efforts to bridge the gap between warehouse operations and the onsite ecommerce shopping experience. They will report into the Merchandiser and will spend their time at the distribution center. They are knowledgable and passionate about product, brands, and fashion. The Assistant Merchandisers are primarily responsible for pricing and authentication. Through data analysis, building a solid foundation of cross-functional partnerships, and supporting a team of Merchandise coordinators, they will drive ASP and margin growth at the DC level.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Primarily assists Merchandiser with pricing and authentication
- Audit website daily to ensure proper functionality of photography, categories and attributes so they are aligned to meet or exceed training and customer expectations
- In depth understanding of all operational job functions in order to identify the root cause of any issues, take corrective action to resolve the issues and offer training feedback
- Partner with Merchandise Coordinators by providing feedback and help when needed
- Own special projects by delivering exceptional results and exemplify time management
- Understands the competitive retail environment and proactively researches market data and fashion trends to establish the value of new and existing brands and categories
- Participate in wholesale initiatives with the understanding of broader business goals and needs
- Assist Merchandiser in leading communicating with supervisors, leads, and WIP Teams regarding under review items, processing time and item tracking
- Able to grow and adapt with company and the ever changing needs of the business as it relates to Merchandising and Quality Assurance
- 3+ years retail, apparel and/or Ecommerce management experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Strong sense of teamwork with a positive ‘go-getter’ attitude with ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for the business
- Highly detail oriented, dependable and able to work independently and collaboratively
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of operational workflow and internal processes
- Adaptable to a fast changing environment and with ability to multitask and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Passion for Ecommerce, fashion, visual merchandising & customer experience
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week + mandatory overtime when needed
- This position will either be an early morning shift or a late afternoon/evening shift
- Problem solving and result driven and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization, from supervisors, leads and executives
- Exemplifies professional behavior by maintaining punctuality and respecting others
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally
Our legal team made us spell this out…Must be at least 18 years old and have English language proficiency. We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top