In this position, responsibilities may vary in different deliver phases:
- You will work closely with our Experience Designer, in some cases you will be also on client site, helping iteratively build hi-fi prototypes with HTML/CSS plus JQuery (or any other framework you are good at) based on sketches or wireframes created by Experience Designer (you may be also involved into this innovative process);
- You will continue to refine your hi-fi prototype work for iterative user-testing, which you may also be invited to pair with Experience Designer, observe user's behaviors, find out those improvements and modifications;
- You will sometimes pair with our Application Developers working on one development task (we call it user story);
- In-depth understanding of semantic HTML/CSS writing, progressive enhancement, and also CSS box model;
- Practical experience of solving inconsistency across multiple platforms, e.g. IE6/7/8, FireFox and Safari on Windows or Mac;
- In ThoughtWorks we pair, and you in most cases will pair with other people
- Your good understanding (or maybe just interest) of user interaction design will be beneficial to your career development in ThoughtWorks;
- Your may hear about Agile development process, or keywords like: Experience Design, Agile UX, Design Thinking, those will help you quickly get involved into us;
- Global UX community is emerging in ThoughtWorks globally, your passion to user-centric design will drive you communicate more with our other UX talents like you in other 20 offices in the world;
- If you like share your ideas like Blogging, this will make you very popular in office, as we like people similar to us;
- Your English will be not a blocker, but if you speak good English, this will very much help get more chances to work globally and get in touch with our talents in Global UX community;
- Visual thinking will be a killer tool, if you like visualizing your idea using whiteboard, you are with us;
- ThoughtWorks is a community, if you are not very experienced, we care about your passion to learning, there are a great many of people in this flat organization are happy to help you depending on how much passion they can feel;
- Your experience with Mobile Web interface design will be a benefit, as we are getting more clients within this area
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenge every day, then we should talk.
We want to hear from you!
Meet Some of ThoughtWorks's Employees
Ana’s work as a ThoughtWorks leader has made a positive impact for both clients and colleagues all over the world. Now based in San Francisco, Ana continues to drive change for both enterprise-level clients and ThoughtWorkers in the area.
Back to top