ThoughtWorks’ aim is quite simple; recruit and retain seriously talented people who want to add business value on high technology projects. The North America recruiting team is expanding and we we’re looking to add a skilled Senior Technical Sourcer to our group.
If you have experience in tech, you’ll know how competitive the market for experienced talent is. The bottom line is: great candidates are usually not actively looking for a job. To run a successful recruiting engine, we need to start looking for talent and building a solid pipeline much before we have an actual open role. And this is where the Technical Sourcer role comes in.
To ensure we get this right, we are looking for a passionate sourcer who will help us understand not only the technical landscape, but provide invaluable experience in talent pipelining, attraction and engagement. ThoughtWorks is committed to hiring a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. In order to do this, we continue to improve our hiring and evolving our brand as well as finding new sources for hires. This is your chance to bring all of your innovative ideas to the table.
As a Sourcer you will:
- Design web searches that unearth the most valuable new data sources, and then to develop techniques for filtering and analyzing that data
- Development of company target lists, and identification of specialty professional groups and associations. You like building road maps / mind maps.
- Be the market and talent intelligence expert for our strategic core areas
- Maximize candidate leads through cold calling, alumni groups, Linkedin, networking, targeted events and meetups, and research
- Make sure that we are creating an inclusive strategy that takes extraordinary steps to approach people from diverse backgrounds
- Screening prospects and selling ThoughtWorks as an employer of choice through interesting conversations (over the phone or in person). Your goal is to schedule a first call with a qualified lead, learn about their profile and open a connection for us to touch base when the right role comes up
- Create and foster high touch 1:1 relationships with top prospects. Coach and mentor throughout career decision process and educate on future job opportunities
- You will create and execute a strategy to organize and follow up with qualified leads, which is agreed and shared across the whole team.
- Manage social networking platforms as sourcing tools. Be an advocate of social recruiting within our team and helping ThoughtWorks to capitalize on these tools
- Collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders with drive and tenacity, focusing on building and nurturing a talent pool aligned with our organizational needs
- Partner with Talent Scouts and Recruitment Marketing to enhance relationship with candidates
- Refer qualified prospects to Recruiters for consideration
- Assist in branding ThoughtWorks as an employer of choice
- Network within the marketplace to understand competitive practices and provide input into the overall recruiting approach
You’ll bring the following:
- Experience as a technical sourcer in a fast-paced recruiting environment.
- Expertise in using a number of sourcing tools and strategies. You are not satisfied with LinkedIn and are familiar with tools like Entelo and/or Talentbin. You have sourced on Facebook's Graph Search and know what Connectifier or 360 Social is
- Beyond LinkedIn, a strong understanding of Web 2.0/social networking and its impact on recruiting.
- Strong inner geek - someone who is actually interested in technology. If you haven’t utilized an open source tool to scrape a website for a potential candidate information or tapped into a website's API, you are itching to learn about it.
- Track record of being an advisor to the business, evidenced by the ability to take recruitment requirements and turn them into creative and thoughtful ways to attract talent.
- Experience of both high volume, constant recruitment and delivering a shortlist of candidates within set deadlines.
- Ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative team setting.
- Proven ability to be proactive in engaging candidates over the telephone, emails or face to face.
- A passion for learning quickly.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence.
- Ideal candidate will be energetic, work well in a team environment with a high sense of urgency and ongoing competing demands
- Gut instinct about culture and technical fit.
- High integrity and respect for candidates and colleagues alike.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the business and recruiting prospects.
- Interest in building an amazing organization, not only filling roles.
We like to do things differently here, so we’re seeking a creative approach to recruiting and sourcing. If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety and challenge every day, we’d love to meet you.
Back to top