Technical Recruiter / Talent Scout
When you join ThoughtWorks you join a wonderful community of people who are passionate about learning, and about sharing what they learn. A community that includes the people who write the books on software excellence and innovation, who write the tools that the industry uses. A community that is passionate about doing great work for interesting clients, and bringing those clients on a journey of change. A community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
There is amazing talent in Spain, and we’d like you to help us find it. Unlike many of our competitors we’ve in-sourced most of our recruiting; we rarely use agencies so it’s up to the recruiting team to find the top talent. This is your chance to bring all of your ideas to the table.
You’ll be responsible for shaping our talent acquisition strategy for Spain, as well as being a hands-on recruiter across a variety of deeply technical roles.
As a Technical Recruiter at ThoughtWorks, here's what you’ll get to do:
- Create an inclusive sourcing strategy that takes extraordinary steps to approach and appeal to people from diverse backgrounds
- Represent ThoughtWorks at events and build a community around us. You’ll be the one keeping connected to everyone we meet
- Work with teams around the world - our designers, other recruiters, marketing team - to create amazing marketing material.
- Cherry pick. As an expert at picking out the gems from resumes, you can always spot someone with amazing potential that isn’t necessarily ticking all the boxes
- Be a brand ambassador. You’ll get people excited about ThoughtWorks, make sure that they understand our values and what we do
- Create amazing experiences. Your candidates will meet the right interviewers and be looked after at every stage of the process, as an individual
- Guide us. From the first moment you meet someone, you are assessing their strengths and weaknesses to help us make lower-risk hiring decisions.
- Make people happy, even when it’s bad news. You craft feedback carefully - thinking about the impact it has. Many people who apply to us don’t get hired. You’re responsible for making sure that they still feel positive about ThoughtWorks.
And here’s what you’ll bring:
- You have really enjoyed working in a quality-focused, fast-paced recruiting environment, either in-house or in an agency
- Thanks to your Catalan, Spanish and fluency in English skills you can communicate with either local and international candidates and colleagues.
- You’re an early adopter and confident explorer in recruiting technology and social networking
- You build and maintain strong networks, ideally with some events and community management experience
- Great instincts and even greater execution - you make rapport-building and interviewing look easy
- You like to experiment. Advertising on job boards and short-listing candidates is second nature - the adventure is in the psychology of attracting candidates and finding new ways to attract them
- You know people. You understand their motivators, fast, and match them to the benefits of ThoughtWorks naturally
- Tenacious, creative, a team player. You love what you do.
If you are interested in being part of an organisation that will challenge and stretch you and let you be your whole self, then we should talk.
Back to top